The terms general dentist and cosmetic dentist are frequently used. Even while many dentists offer both procedures, you might not be aware that there is a fairly big difference between them because they are both “dentists”.
What makes a difference, then? While cosmetic dentists focus on looks, general dentists provide the essential procedures to maintain healthy teeth and gums.
A Cosmetic Dentist
Select a cosmetic dentist who concentrates on the aesthetics of your smile if your teeth and gums are healthy but you have aesthetic concerns. By doing so, you can be sure that they have a lot of experience with cosmetic dental procedures.
To provide you with everything you need for the smile you want, a skilled cosmetic dentist will offer the following services:
- Professional teeth whitening may make your teeth look white and attractive in only one dentist visit when done in-office with a product like Zoom! In this procedure, the ZOOM whitening solution is applied to each tooth before it is illuminated by a unique activating light. This procedure is frequently the first step in a complete smile makeover and is done up to four times for remarkable effects (unless orthodontic treatment is needed). Because porcelain or ceramic restorations’ colors cannot be changed once they are in place, it is advised to have teeth professionally whitened before getting crowns or veneers.
- Dental veneers are a flexible cosmetic procedure that can be used to conceal inherent stains on teeth that won’t whiten, as well as chips, malformed, worn-down, or crooked teeth. To achieve a more uniform and brighter smile, they can also be used in conjunction with teeth whitening.
- Dental bonding for aesthetic purposes can be utilized to address problems at a cheaper cost than dental veneers would. This alternative might not be as durable as veneers, though.
- A tooth with damage that is too severe for a dental veneer to repair can be restored with porcelain crowns. A crown replaces the entire visible part of a tooth, whereas dental veneers just repair the fronts of teeth.
- Replacement of missing teeth with dental implants – Dental implants are the most complete tooth replacement option. A dental implant replaces the tooth root to provide a permanent and long-lasting remedy for tooth loss, in contrast to fixed bridges, which only repair the visible portion of the lost tooth.
- Invisalign® teeth straightening – Invisalign® dental aligners are a terrific technique to straighten your teeth if they are crooked or out of place without the need of metal braces. After completing your Invisalign® treatment, you can use the aligners in conjunction with a prescription-strength teeth whitening product to get a straighter, more radiant smile.
A General Dentist
To reduce the need for referrals, a complete general dental practice should provide a variety of specialties. To find out more about their backgrounds, degree of expertise, and experience, you should check out their website and reviews.
Two or more dentists with specialties in one or more of the following fields will make up a comprehensive dental practice:
- The fundamentals of general dentistry include a thorough examination of the teeth and gums as well as the evaluation of x-rays to decide the best course of action to treat any tooth decay that has already developed, which may include fillings, inlays, onlays, or crowns. There should be available preventative interventions like fluoride treatments and sealants.
- Periodontists provide periodontal care, which includes treating and preventing periodontal disease. Gum disease can result in soreness, abscesses, tooth loss, and deterioration of the jaw bone. It has associations with a number of systemic health issues.
- An endodontist treats the pulp, which is the connective tissue, nerves, and blood vessels that make up the interior of teeth. To treat infected teeth, these dentists frequently use root canal therapy.
- An oral surgeon is a professional who can carry out difficult extractions, such as those of wisdom teeth. Although other professionals can insert dental implants, an oral surgeon typically completes this surgery.
- Having an on-site orthodontist is helpful if your teeth need to be straightened.
You Can Count On This Cosmetic Dentist
When making changes to their smile, people who have a decent general dentist frequently select a reputable cosmetic dentist. In order to give his customers the best cosmetic dental care possible, Dr. Irfan Motiwala maintains dental offices in Hyderabad, India.
On this website’s testimonials page, you can witness some of the most well-known patients of Dr. Motiwala, the most well-connected dentist in India.
We are accepting new patients now, to schedule an appointment, give us a call right now or send us a message online.
Dr. Motiwala in International Press
Dr. Motiwala is a world-renowned dentist who has cared for thousands of patients from every corner of the globe. He has been featured on several news outlets; to read about it, select the network’s logo below.
Time to Get in Touch With Us!!
For more information about the Smile Makeover in India, get in touch with Dr. Motiwala’s Dental Clinic & Implant Center at +91 99596 14584. Simply fill out the form on our CONTACT US page.