Your gums are very important to the health of your teeth and your mouth as a whole. Strong gums keep each tooth in place, protect the bottom parts of your teeth, and make it less likely that you’ll get bad breath, tooth decay, and other diseases. If your gums start to bleed in one or more places, you need to see a dentist.
Our elite team of dentists has the skills, focus, and flexibility to show that they have professional knowledge that is unmatched. Our high-tech, cutting-edge diagnostic tools will let us see how healthy every part of your mouth and teeth is as a whole. As soon as our patients walk in the door, they can tell how good our care is.
Gingivitis could be a sign if you have blood on your toothbrush, in your saliva, or in your spit. When bacteria-filled plaque builds up on your teeth and turns into a sticky film, your gums can swell, turn bright red, and bleed. They are signs of gingivitis, a bad mouth disease you want to avoid.
Here are some ways to make sure your gums don’t bleed.
- You should brush your teeth after every meal and before bed, and you should use toothpaste that has been approved by the American Dental Association. Visit your dentist at least twice a year and floss every day.
- Follow your dentist’s advice about what kind of bristle texture is best for you. There are different kinds of toothbrush bristles, from very hard to very soft.
- Check your dentures. If they don’t fit right, they can move around and cause sores and pain on your gums. Sores and pain can be healed and eased by putting warm compresses on your gums and rinsing your mouth with salt water. Nonetheless, your dentist must refit your dentures.
- Put down the cigarettes. People who smoke have twice the chance of getting gum disease. Chemicals in tobacco smoke weaken your immune system, making it less able to fight off gum infections.
- Just relax. Stress can hurt not only your mental health but also your physical health in the long run. Your body reacts by making more stress hormones, which can cause swelling and gum disease.
When you need a great dentist, you can count on Dr. Motiwala Dental Clinic & Implant Centre. We think that every patient is different in terms of what he or she wants, needs, and likes. We can’t wait to hear from you and hope to build a long-term relationship with you. Don’t be afraid to set up a meeting.
Dr. Motiwala in International Press
Dr. Motiwala is a world-renowned dentist who has cared for thousands of patients from every corner of the globe. He has been featured on several news outlets; to read about it, select the network’s logo below.